Software Quality Assurance and Testing Techniques Training
This outline is also available in these languages: ??languagelist??
Professional Development Units:
Continuing Development Units:
MEETING BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
We will shape this course to maximize value in your organization by meeting your implementations standards. Inquire for a complementary preliminary needs analysis by clicking the Contact Us button below.
Public Scheduled Classes -
Register for classes below
Self-Paced Training -
Public Scheduled Webinar -
Webinar Recording - View Now
Custom Group Training - Request a proposal
Classes marked with a are Guaranteed to Run on the scheduled dates. Classes marked with a will be Guaranteed to Run with one more paid registration.
There are ??othercoursecount?? similar courses in different countries and/or formats.Click here to see them.
This course is available in these other formats: ??otherformatlist??
Need a customized class for your group? Contact Us.
No classes scheduled? Sign Up to be notified when new classes are added.
Click here to see our FAQs
*Public Price per Student
This course is designed to provide an introduction to software life cycle testing concepts and techniques. Testing consumes approximately forty percent of the cost of developing and maintaining a software system; however, testing is not taught on a formal basis.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the difference between software quality assurance and software testing
- Appreciate testing and how it fits into the life cycle
- Apply the appropriate testing method application to various test phases
- Apply error prevention and error detection
- Explain the difference between and application of Internal and External testing
- Employ Static and Dynamic testing techniques within each phase of the software life cycle
- Employ quality testing methods rather than quantities of tests
- Define and develop high quality test case scenarios
- Apply various techniques for test case development.
- Define what is included in a test plan
- Choose and integrate test tools
- Describe the characteristics of a good tester
- Acquire skills and techniques for immediate application to the student's current project
- Software Developers
- System Analysts
- Basic understanding of various software applications
- Basic understanding of ad-hoc testing is desirable
This course is included in the following Roadmaps: